Learn to be a LinkedIn All-Star
- Did you know that Linkedin ranks you? There are different levels of users and your ranking is based on several criteria. Your goal is to become an All-Star. Your rank is actually a profile strength meter. Your profile strength meter is on the right side of your profile and gauges how robust your profile is. Your strength will increase as you add more content. Here are a few tips to becoming an All-Star.
First, please understand that LinkedIn is the world’s biggest and most powerful networking site. People use it to find jobs, cultivate new business relationships, and as a resource for information about companies and people you are trying to connect with. For business people, it’s an amazing tool because most people on LinkedIn expect to hear from you. Like anything in life, a first impression matters and that’s your profile.
Tip 1: Don’t turn your profile into a resume.
Consider it to be a place where people can find out about you, how you got to where you are today and what you are currently doing. Tell a broad story about your business, what and where you sell and what makes you a little different. Too much detail or not enough information are both bad. Consider it a 30-second elevator pitch and you should be ok.
Some other helpful info.
- Use a professional photo
- Create an informative headline and include your industry and location.
- Complete the summary section of your profile.
- Add your current position and previous work history.
- Add skills and expertise.
- Include your education details.
- Get connections.
Tip 2: HEADLINE
One important place people miss on is the headline that shows up right under your name. Most people put their job title in that important real estate right under their name. Instead of doing that use this space to tell people how you can help them. Be creative – not crazy, but just something to get a little more attention.
Tip 3: SUMMARY SECTION
Spend time on your summary section where you can provide a more detailed explanation of your products and services. Not too much detail, but enough for a potential buyer to want to connect with you.
Tip 4: BACKGROUND IMAGE
Replace the standard blue banner with a beautiful image that represents you or your company. If you can’t figure out how to do this we will do it free of charge. All you have to do is ask!
To learn more or request your free background image